Friday, December 31, 2010

Singamajigs, Doll Houses and Hockey Sticks

When I was a kid, Christmas was a blast. Getting together with all my cousins, playing, having fun, eating too much junk food; life was good! As I got older it took on a different meaning. I grew out of the whole commercialization of Christmas deal and replaced the excitement of getting gifts with the excitement of being around family and friends. After I got married, my wife introduced me to an even cooler idea - giving gifts to those less privileged. We would pick out gifts for needy children and families in Boise and it'd feel so good to give back to those less fortunate.

Now as a parent, Christmas has taken on a completely different meaning. I'm basically living through my children during Christmas. Their big eyes and excitement is an amazing thing to witness. B was a little sick on Christmas Eve which affected his excitement a bit, but both kiddos are having a blast post-Christmas. Highlighted toys include H's new dollhouse, B's new singing bus, H's singamajig (still wondering what the person who invented this one was smoking - neat toy though), and the kids' hockey sticks - a personal favorite of daddy's too! :) 


Outside of gifts! my new little family had a blast doing some other things as well. Just being together as a fearsome foursome was a treat, but we also took part in visiting the Botanical Gardens to check out the amazing Christmas lights they put up every year. H and I also made it out for a "special, special trip" where we went out to look for new dolls to put in her dollhouse. Awesome festivities to say the least. Anyways, here's a great video from Andrea's blog that you may enjoy. Keep your head up and stick on the ice!

1 comment:

c. said...

Best game of hockey I ever saw ;)