Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm Back, The Holidays and My Gut

Hey there blog; it's been awhile. Almost two years to be exact. I guess things have been a little busy lately. No, take that back ... A lot busy. Since my last post, I've been busy raising two awesome kids. They truly are amazing kids and have brought so much joy to my family's life. Andrea and I have worked out our schedules so the kids only have daycare two days out of the week. That way they're home with us more often, but it leads to not having any days together as a family. Andrea is home with the kids by herself three days during the week while I'm home on the weekends alone with the kids. It makes things even more hectic.

On the plus side, when we get time off together (like this past Holiday week), it makes it all the more special. My holiday work schedule is truly awesome! From noon on the 23rd through Monday the office was closed. This week, we each only have to work two days and New Years Eve we're closed all day. It's great and thanks to DaviesMoore for that awesome perk!

So ... spending family time together during the Holidays has been a blast. With all our family back home, and the expense to travel too much for our budget, we hung out at home, opened gifts and played like it was going out of style. We did an impromptu stay-cation last Thursday, and went to the Hampton Inn downtown. We had a certificate for a free night's stay (actually a few of those certificates) and went swimming with the kids and enjoyed cable TV the morning we woke up. We also made sure to hit up one of the local sushi restaurants with the kids. The kids absolutely love sushi. They downed a veggie role (well maybe close to two veggie roles) and shared a PB+J Roll - a local favorite for kids! Hadley also started on Andrea's tempura shrimp roll while I enjoyed my #$@* Amazing Roll which is #$@* amazing by the way.

Since I was a little hungover from my Christmas party the night before that was my first meal of the day. Please note that if you're only going to only eat one meal a day, and you've recently puked, sushi probably isn't your best choice. I had almost two rolls, two bolls of miso and a noodle salad (side dish - not really all that big) and I could not get enough to eat for like the next two days. I was eating Gardettos in bed at the hotel the rest of the night. (more on the Christmas Party later this week)

The Holidays made me realize that I've gained weight. I did an awesome job this past year running consistently, not drinking soda and eating healthy, but ... This past month or so has kicked my butt. I haven't gone for a run in 2 months and since Thanksgiving I've been eating like crap. So I worked out with Andrea and the kids yesterday at Stoller Strides - a local group of mom's that push their kids in strollers while working out and singing. It was tough to say the least. Wall sits, lunges tons of situps and all while singing ... Uff dah! I need to get back in shape. This winter I think I'm going to do the Gold's Gym Body Success Challenge. Not because of the challenge, but because of the gym membership. Last winter I ran outside at night after the kids went to bed. I can't find the motivation to run in the dark and cold this year so I need something else. What can it hurt right???

Almost forgot, my wife, Andrea, has started a blog all about family, great deals, fun things to do and just the positive things in life if you're ever interested in checking it out - www.dwellingonthepositive.com. She's been a lot more consistent with her posts than I have, and has better content. :)

1 comment:

c. said...

Deuce is BACK! Love reading about your family on yours AND Andrea's blog! :)