Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bikes in Boise

Bikes in Boise is something that has been bothering me since I moved out here over 2 & a half years ago. Bicyclists in this city feel they are obligated to ride their bike in the middle of a lane going between 10 & 15 mph. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for great exercise and reducing our impact on global warming, but having to drive your car 10 mph because some asshole feels they need to ride their bike in the middle of a busy street drives me crazy.

Bicyclists have so many other options in this area. There's the greenbelt which goes throughout the entire city. If the greenbelt isn't on one's way to work, there's also bike lanes rather then driving down the middle of the road. If all of the above doesn't work, get on the f'in sidewalk.

The worst thing about these bicyclists is that there have been numerous occasions when I'm driving at night in the pitch black evening and there will be a bicyclists driving in the road wearing no reflectors or having no way of oncoming traffic being able to see them. What's up with that? You're just asking for me to hit you and if that doesn't happen it sucks for everyone involved. It sucks for you cause you're hurt or dead, it sucks for your family for obvious reasons, and it sucks for me because I'm being cited, going to jail and also have to deal with the fact that I just ran someone over with my car. So realize that you're not as fast as a car and get out of the way

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, bikers shouldn't be in the middle of the road. They aren't going fast enough and I don't want to hit them. What about the sidewalks?