Thursday, January 3, 2008

Best of Continued

Here are my 10 favorite shows of 2007.

10. Shot at Love - Tila Tequila
I didn't really get into this one until late in the season, but once I did it was hard not to watch. Was Tila going to pick a boy or a girl or a girl that looks like a boy it was all too much for me not to watch. In the end Tila's love for Bobby was all that mattered and she found love.

9. John & Kate Plus 8
You want to see a hectic lifestyle, watch this show. John & Kate had twin girls who were 4 when they decided to have one more. Little did they know there were about to have 6, at once! Now the family lives happily with 6 three year olds and 2 seven year olds. Watching their crazy life makes you appreciate the quiet.


8. Little People, Big World
Matt Roloff continues to be one of the more famous little people in America. This show has been great for the last 3 seasons and this past season Matt decided to take the family to Yellowstone in an RV that's bigger then his house. Watching his crazy adventures and talking about his Hispanic gardener Camerino (who is constantly bailing him out of trouble) can't help but make you laugh.

7. Big Love
Mormon polygamist Bill Paxton has 3 wives in a little town in Utah. This HBO show follows their lives while they try and keep their lifestyle a secret. This past season the cat was out of the bag and the family had to deal with the ramifications from the community.

6. The Hills
So what if LC admitted that parts of the show are set up. So what if Spencer & Heidi are probably the most boring couple on TV (not to mention the worst actors). I'm still loving the show. We've followed LC for 5 seasons starting when she was a Senior at Laguna High and following her through her relationships with Jason, Brody and Stephen. The past season left us with a cliffhanger only to tell us later that the season isn't quite over. Can't wait to see what they bring to us from Paris.


5. Curb Your Enthusiasm
It was sad to see Cheryl turn to the darkside but the season was nothing less then hilarious. The final episode was probably one of the best episodes when Larry found new love with his former houseguest. Their Christmas Card was probably one of the funniest parts of the entire season.

4. Top Chef
Love reality TV and love Top Chef. I think this season had probably the worst amount of talent of any of the seasons, but nonetheless was still entertaining. Makes me want to be a chef.


3. Flight of the Conchords
The newest show on this list and also the funniest show on this list. The season was short-lived in that it only had like 8 or so episodes but it's all about quality. Two "musical artists" come to New York from New Zealand and try to adjust to the customs of American lifestyle. Their comments are funny and their manager is a riot. If you don't have HBO check some of their clips out on Youtube.


2. The Office
The Office continues to be one of my favorite shows on TV. The new season has been short-lived because of the f'in writer's strike so it's hard to say that it was the funniest show on TV this year. Best episode of the year was when Andy had his special ringtone and ended up punching a hole in the wall.


1. Entourage
You may have thought it was going to be Kidnation, but I just couldn't do that. Entourage is a show that I just got into this for the first time in the last couple of months but it is by far the best show on TV. The show shoots in exotic locations, has hot parties and has a cool dynamic between the main characters. This show is so good it makes time just fly by. Far and away the best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shows!! Big love is so great! I'm waiting for it to be on "on demand." You have great taste when it comes to TV shows!!

Jum said...

I don't know exactly what to say about your top 10. The Office and Entourage are also in my top couple favorite, but holy F....The Hills? Little People Big World? Oh boy. Horrible, Deuce.

kos said...

shut it Jim I am also addicted to the hills, however I don't understand why anyone would enjoy a shot of love. really?

Blogger Tyler said...

Little People is hilarious. I have to admit Shot at Love is a little shaky and I only watched like 4 or 5 episodes but it was still (in my Borat voice) very nice.

Unknown said...

deuce you are a girl and i love it! I was getting angry when i saw the office at the number two spot, until i scrolled down and saw entourage and saw that you were justified in placing it at number 2. touche, threeche, nick lachey!

Jonathan said...

I agree with most of your shows, but how ever my hatred for Shot at love, or whatever made me dislike the post...Top Chef is outstanding. Little people big world is great, however as a person of above average height I would like to start a show called big person small world...which they would follow me around and see my daily struggles...

Also the Hills is horrible, I like LC but I cannot stand to watch it, as spencer makes me want to fly to Cali and make bad choices.