Thursday, January 3, 2008

Best of '07

I can't believe 2008 is here. Where did this past year go? Really it seems like yesterday we were just saying that 2007 was finally here. Well to continue the theme that every popular site out there is doing, here is my lists of Best of 07. Basically my favorites from this past year.

Movies
10. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Starting out the top 10 is the 3rd movie from the Pirates trilogy. All 3 of the movies seem fairly similar but crazy old Johnny Depp continues to make the movies interesting and adds a comedic appeal as well.

9. Spider Man 3
There was so much hype to this movie that it seemed like it couldn't fail. The movie didn't really live up to all the hype but it was still good enough to make my list. At one point late in this movie I really didn't think Spider Man was going to make it but as the case with so many other great superheros the good guy saved the day.

8. Ocean's 13
I still like Ocean's 11 the best but this movie was awesome. The way these guys pull off the shit they do is beyond me. They're probably the most creative robbers the world has ever seen. What happened to Julia Roberts???


7. Ratatouille
The only animated movie on the list (although Surfs Up was pretty damn close). Is there anything that makes you more hungry then watching a rat mix oregano with cheese and basil? Pixar is truly amazing; this movie looked so real at times that I thought the people were real.


6. Enchanted
For anyone that knows me, they know I enjoy an occassional "chick flick". This movie doesn't totally fit into that category but some may question my judgement by putting it on my list. My response to those people, check this movie out. Not only is Amy Adams easy to look at for 2 hours but she can also make you laugh. I went so far as to post one of the videos from this movie on my Myspace page.


5. Hairspray
I knew I was going to like this movie which combined my appeal for musicals with my love of Brittany Snow & Christopher Walken. This movie is hilarious and I got up a couple of times to dance and sing my ass off. John Travolta played one of the funniest women in movie history.


4. Juno
Just checked this out last week and had a great time. Juno is full of sarcastic humor from a knocked up teenager. The movie is entertaining and full of appeal.


3. Superbad
Jonah Hill has been making me laugh since 40 Year Old Virgin. He's played similar roles in pretty much every movie he's been in and always leaves me wanting a little more of the fat funny kid. McLovin is probably one of the funniest and dorkiest characters of the year.

2. Into the Wild
I think this was probably the best movie of the year. Ignore the fact that Emile Hirsch floats by on the big screen buck naked, this movie was incredible. It was a very sad story and it's hard to imagine everything the kid went through. Great job!


1. Knocked Up
Katherine Heigl recently ripped her role in this movie but it was the funniest and my favorite movie of the year. Heigl looked good the whole movie and Seth Rogen is once again hilarious. Having a pregnant wife the movie hits close to home when I say that my wife probably gets mad because the baby is always stealing her food but since they're family they have to share. Cheers!!

No comments: